Saturday, August 27, 2016

(Potential) Malware found on Elephone S3 right out of box?

Hi guys

I recently purchased a Elephone S3 from Everbuying.com. I heard people talking about how notorious these Chinese phones are having malware installed on them, so I decided to give the malware check a go and use about 10+ popular Malware detection apps (Avast, Kaspersky, Avira, Trojan Killer, you name it) currently available on Play Store.

Out of all those, excluding warnings that doesn't really matter in this regards (Malware specific), the below two apps gave me those respective warning results.

I have done some research, but i don't think I found any relevant info in this regards. So, for all the guru out there, the question is obvious, should I be worried about these "non-deletable" apps (if not rooted)? If they ARE malicious, can I be worried free by turning off ALL permissions for the apps and in some case, disable the app (I can disable the Beauty Center, not ELE Launcher).

Thanks to you all for any input! :)

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
App - Beauty Center
Message - Android/PUP.Riskware.Cooee.a
App - ELE Launcher
Message - Android/PUP.Riskware.Cooee.H

Stubborn Trojan Killer
App - Beauty Center
Message - General Trojan
App - ELE Launcher
Message - General Trojan


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bXbBMy
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment