Saturday, August 27, 2016

Someone please give me clear answers for my new phone?

I bought G935FD from Amazon 3 weeks ago- it's unlocked and carrier-free. I've been using it out of the box, no root. Some parts of the box was typed in Arabic indicating it's from/for UAE.

I live in US and have been using MetroPCS (uses T-mobile network). It seems to work flawlessly.

1. Will I get OTA updates? I doubt MetroPCS will do it for this international version from UAE.
2. If above is no, what's the best way to get the latest updates / how do I know my phone has the latest version?
3. What are CSC and PDA?
4. I came across this link: Which country is best for me living in US? Should I continue to use the stock UAE it came with? Any advantage for other countries? (some countries get latest updates faster?)

As for updating FW- a step-by-step guide is appreciated. I've been reading up, and it involves using Odin, but there seems to be tons of different country/region versions for G935FD- and I get concerned about bricking my phone or messing it up.

So many questions.

*#1234 shows:
AP: G935FXXS1APG3
CP: G935FXXU1APEQ
CSC: G935FOJV1APF1
Android security patch level: July 1, 2016


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bzjyqN
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment