Sunday, August 28, 2016

Yay I'm finally the first person to (almost?) break my Moto Z Force. *Facepalm*

About an hour before writing this, I moved a cable off my desk which was also under my Force, and off goes the force back first onto the floor. Seems perfectly fine, using it just like normal, but after doing some things in the play store I decided to lock the phone with the power button, I pressed it. Aaaaand nothing.

Volume keys worked fine, everything else worked fine..why not the power button? Who knows. I tried restarting through adb hoping that was the issue and not the drop, didn't fix anything. So...I had possibly the dumbest solution possible. Lets replicate the drop and see what happens. Power button starts to work, but barely, you have to really press it hard to get it to work. Thought lets do it again. Now it's back to not working at all.

At this point I'm scared of dropping my phone any more because I don't want to break the entire thing, but I'm starting to get hopeless. One of the drops I tried to replicate it, it landed face first and cracked my screen protector. :rolleyes: So I'm like screw it.

I cover the back camera of the phone with like 4 sheets of tissue and put it inside a PLESON TPU case, to cover the camera, and I just outright drop the thing from like 5 feet high, back first. Now the power button works perfectly again (What the ****?) All that was lost was a good screen protector...?

TL;DR don't drop your phone back first, your power button might become misaligned with...god knows what.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bvBOzE
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment