Saturday, September 3, 2016

[Beginner question]What exactly is the custom boot.img needed to root this phone?

Beginner question
I've already rooted the Redmi using a none-TWRP guide.
But for every other guide there is a mention of: making a custom boot.img either by using Android Image Kitchen, flashing something called Universal boot.img, or flashing different versions of TWRP (alka, cofface) that solves the boot.img problem.
However I haven't found an article that explains what boot.img is and why it's a problem for this phone, since flashing my moto only required TWRP + Supersu. Also, it wasn't mentioned at all in the guide I followed.
Sorry if this is pretty obvious, I'm wondering if I missed a pretty big post somewhere.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2c2HMLS
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment