Saturday, September 3, 2016

Bootloader does not stay unlocked over reboot

I recently got a new motherboard installed to my Nexus 5X by LG due to the recent bootloop related to TWRP and Android N. My problem is that after unlocking bootloader, and doing the mandatory device wipe that comes with it, the bootloader gets reverted to locked state when I restart my device. I've tried multiple cables, USB ports, fastboot binaries, but nothing seems to make the device behave any differently. I am able to flash things in fastboot mode after unlocking the device as long as I don't restart the device. TWRP installs just fine, but obviously throws a bunch of errors because I cannot enter recovery mode without restaring (which gets the bootloader locked again). Is there any tricks I could try, or is it my NAND that is acting up as it seems to revert to previous state on power loss? As far as I can tell, the rest of the memory chip is working just fine, /sdcard does not lose any data when restarting etc. I was able to install Nougat on the device by flashing factory images.

I have not bought my device from Google and thus it is covered only by LG's limited warranty, which probably means that this is something they will not repair as unlocking the bootloader probably voids their warranty in any case. Am I just out of luck?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bUJ0Hi
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment