Saturday, September 3, 2016

Copperhead OS PSA THIS BROKEN ROM/ BOUNTY FOR FIX

This thread is here to warn others of the broken rom Copperhead OS. I have flashed roms on plenty of other devices since android first came out. I would consider myself a moderately experienced user. I currently work in the cyber security community so naturally when I heard about Copperhead OS I thought finally a security focused OS for people like myself. Sadly that is not the case. This rom does without a doubt offer many improved security features. What the developer fails to mention in the mountain of documentation is that his rom offers NO MOBILE DATA SUPPORT. NONE it does offer great wifi security including mac randomization and a firewall. What the documentation doesn't tell you is that the main source of its security is its lack of DATA support. I have spent days trying to fix my mobile data on this rom. I have flashed all the needed apn zips for T-mobile, at&t, Verizon, and Sprint. Ejected my sim, rooted the rom (which kills the security) and tried to edit apn files. I can assure you there is no fix for this. The developer seems keen on only getting the name of their cyber security firm out there rather than actually making any meaningful strides in securing android in a meaningful way. If your reading this post and thinking of flashing it YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If you dont believe me try it for yourself I will personally send .01 BTC to the first person who can post a working fix for this. Word to the wise though be ready to surf from wifi hotspot to wifi hotspot if you flash this broken software. If you know of a fix for this then prove me wrong.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2c2HTqN
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment