Saturday, September 24, 2016

How to delete Verizon 6gb bloatware on Galaxy s4 ?

Hi ,
I am having an issue with my Samsung Galaxy s4 sch-i545 from verizon lte .
I only bought the phone around a year ago and noticed there was a problem with the storage , it had around 6.5 GB of space occupied with "Misc. Files" , ill try to link screenshots in the comments because it turns out i cant post links here yet , in the picture the system memory takes 6.26 GB and it cannot be deleted .
I did some searching around but I couldn't find anything on any android forum on how to fix this , even though almost all of the other people using the same phone from Verizon had the very same problem . My phone is currently not rooted so it has the official software provided by Samsung and Verizon . I have never rooted any phone before but I'm confident I can do it reading the guides in this forum . Also on another forum someone told me that if i could make a CWM backup ( don't know what that is ) of my phone and then delete the internal storage and restore through that back-up the space would be freed . So i'm asking for a way to delete that bloat ware , possibly a step-by-step guide .
Thank You .


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dcVU7N
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment