Saturday, September 24, 2016

How to install global ROM without unlocking bootloader

Hello. I just got a Xiaomi mi5. I live in the United States. It has the China ROM. I wanted to install the global ROM, but it seems that you need to unlock the bootloader to do that. To unlock the bootloader, you need to send an application to Xiaomi. It has version 7. Is there a way to install the global version of MIUI 8 without unlocking the bootloader? So far, I have downloaded the ROM file from this website. http://ift.tt/1S4lkvM. I followed the instructions to copy it onto the phone, go into the updater app, choose the update package, and select the ROM file. It gives me an error saying it cant verify the ROM. I tried using the MiPhone manager. It did not work either. I then read to use the Chinese version of the program, and followed which buttons to press. After selecting the ROM, it gave me some error in Chinese. I also read about a Mi flash tool, but it seems you need to use a special engineering cable or adapter. What do I do? Is sending the application to Xiaomi the only option I have? What do I do?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2doNg2e
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment