Saturday, September 3, 2016

One M9 Stuck in Downlod Mode - Possible Hard Brick

So, need some help from others more knowledgeable than I... I've looked through some similar threads for stuck in Download Mode but haven't found a solution...

My vibration motor went out about a week ago, so I ordered an M8 motor and clipped the connector. Got the motor soldered in just fine, I accidentally held the power button at some point putting the back case back on and it booted into Download mode - now I can only boot to Download Mode or Bootloader. The weird thing is my vol up/dn keys do not work - i can hit the power button in Download Mode and it will toggle between the main screen and system info. On the system info i noticed that I have no cpu param, cx and mx voltage errors, and a question mark at the end of the emmc firmware version...

Even stranger, I can hold all three buttons and get the phone to boot into the bootloader screen - here, Vol Up works, Vol Dn does nothing, and the Power button acts like the volume down button. I have to hold power+volup to reboot and no matter which button combination I use (unless all three), it always boots into Download Mode.

ADB and Fastboot will see the phone, I can flash firmware zips and recovery images, but I cannot get the phone to boot anywhere except Download Mode (or bootloader with all three buttons - just can't do anything in bootloader since the power button simply moves the cursor down).

I've double-checked my motor handiwork and there is no errant solder anywhere, I removed no cables or connectors, and nothing appears to be damaged. My only fear is that I've somehow damaged something below the motherboard with the soldering heat... anyone have any ideas? Hate to drop $$ on a new phone but that's what I'm looking at now...

HTC One M9 (himaul)
Unlocked, S-OFF
Firmware (OS) 3.35.401.12

Mark


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ce7EUd
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment