Friday, April 1, 2016

question regarding flashtool and fastboot option for r800i

Hi all, i am a noobie trying to get as much out of my r800i as possible so obvious I tried to go the flashing route. I have encountered the follow problems so my play is soft bricked and I can't seem to get out of it. I spent the last 6 hours reading this forum trying to learn as much as I but it's just too vast. Here I go:

windows 10 64bit with driver siginature verification off
using flashtool 0.9.20.0

I tried using flashtool 64bit (flash mode) to flash various ftf to r800i (so far I have tried DoomKernelV14(GB).ftf/ExtremeV03-720p[GB].ftf/egacyXperia-CM7[GB].ftf/LupusV12-720p[GB].ftf, all of them gave me the error message like below:
Code:

- ERROR - ERR_SEVERITY="MAJOR";ERR_CLASS="SECURITY_CLASS";ERR_STATIC="SIN_HEAD_VER";ERR_DYNAMIC="Failed to verify sin header";\00
I then decided to try the fastboot in the commendline route, the steps are as following:
  • flashboot flash boot lupus.zeus.gingerbreadv12-full.img was successful
  • fashboot boot ClockWorkMod5.0.2.8.img (because I read in the forum that r800i doesn't have recovery partition so I can't flash it, which seems to be true; when I tried to flash recovery the CWM img, the error message was that recovery partition can not found)
  • r800i rebooted and got in the CWM recovery successfully. I then did factory reset/wipe cache then install gin2kitkat3.3.0.zip which was successful as well.

after the previous 3 actions everything was successful (no error messages) so I felt very good about it but unfortunately after rebooting the r800i, all I got was a lupus image then 2 vibrations then screen is off.

I then did the same thing twice again to make sure I didn't miss any error message (which I didn't) but still the phone is as soft-bricked as ever.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me out of the jam because I just bought the r800i to get back to retro-gaming. thank you!

edit:
I should add that when I got the phone it was working perfectly with custom recovery (sorry I don't remember which version but I believe it's CWM) and DooMKerneL but slow (ICS rom which I didn't write down).
I would like to use gin2kitkat3.30 but after installing the gin2kitkat roms (both 3.1.0 and 3.3.0), the wifi doesn't work and I couldn't find way to "flash the wifi module" (I read it in the forum but never got detailed info), so I decided to flash the Lupus kernel, and that's where everything starts.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1qn2hqv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment