Monday, August 29, 2016

[Review] Tronsmart Chocolate (10W) Fast Wireless Charger

Disclaimer: I was sent this charger in exchange for my fair/unbiased review.
Tronsmart Fast 'Chocolate' (10W) Wireless Charger

For those of you that haven't read any of my reviews, I'm a big fan of several companies one of which is Tronsmart.
First off I've owned many devices (phones/tablets) with wireless charging, so over the year's wireless charging has become a big part of my daily routine. I currently have 5 wireless chargers from various companies, but at one point I had closer to 10 of them. All wireless chargers are designed with difference goals in mind, so with that being said let me start my review.

Tronsmart opted to use the new (faster) wireless charging standard that is supported by Samsung's flagship phones starting with the S6 Edge+ and Note 5. The original S6/S6E only supported standard wireless charging (from what I recall), therefore this review is aimed primarily at owners of those newer phones. I currently have 3 phones: Google Nexus 6P, Samsung S7 Edge, and a Samsung Note 7; two of this support fast wireless charging.
The charger itself will output 10W to your phone making it slower than using a cable via QC 2.0 (i.e. what Samsung refers to as 'adaptive fast charging') although it is still faster and more efficient than standard wireless charging. You can have it charge your phone slow/fast depending on whether or not you toggle the fast wireless charging option in the settings menu to on/off. Personally I prefer to use fast wireless charging over the conventional one because it keeps the phone cooler (yes really).







Design:

While the charger may not look fancy, it is certainly functional. I've become accustom to its odd lego like rubbery top, and small size over the past week or so of owning it. The top is very grippy which makes it easier for your phone to stay put since wireless charging needs the phone to stay well positioned. I did not encounter any real issues with the charger while placing my Note 7 or S7 Edge on it, so that was reassuring. On the bottom side of the charger you will find four tiny rubber feel that keep the other end of the charger in place. The input is a QC 2.0/3.0 wall adapter that can be paired with the included MicroUSB (yes I know it's not a USB-C) port on the back of it. The only arguable bad part of this charger is its affinity to picking up dirt. In the pictures below you can see how dirty it gets, and that was right after I took it out of the box. The charger has stayed relatively clean in my work bag, but you can't have the best of all worlds with a grippy charger, so I'm not bothered by that as much.







In the Box:
Tronsmart 'Chocolate' Wireless Fast Charger
MicroUSB cable
User Manual
Other documentation




Overall:
I like compact form this charger offers along with it's very nice 'grippy' top surface. There are some downsides like it attracting lint, and the microUSB input, but neither of those are big enough concerns to prevent me from recommending it.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2by36F2
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment