Friday, September 23, 2016

dm-verity problems

Hello, this is my first post. First off thanks to the entire community for this wonderful forum and the ability to ask questions like the following here :).

Phones background information: In my spare time I attempt to fix phones for family and friends. I recently received a sm-n910a (att note 4) that was on stock 4.4 kitkat and did (does) not have an active at&t mobile plan. Its function is to be used as a wifi phablet for web surfing/games and the user was interested in upgrading the Android system to 6.0MM if possible as well as SIM unlocking the phone for a future Straight talk prepaid plan.

1. Without full-root I was unable to make a complete backup initially but owner wasnt worried about a complete data wipe so I didn't think it would be a problem. (Dumb mistake I know now :eek:)
2. Used Odin to flash stock Android 5.1.1
3. Used Kingroot and/or Kingoroot to temp root. Pretty sure it was Kingroot, but not positive.
4. Used Z3x box program to simunlock (was successful)
5. Made complete backup using ADB
6. Downloaded stock 6.0 updates from xda forum post and loaded on sd-card.

7. Entered recovery to update to 6.0 but found errors:

E: failed to mount /efs (invalid aurgument)
DM verity verification failed // Did not display anything about the drk like other people mentioned online.

8. Used Z3x box program to wipe efs (was successful)
9. Entered recovery to check errors and the E: failed to mount /efs was gone
10. Researched online about Dm verity verification failed as much as possible and used the solution to wipe cache, wipe user data, flash stock 5.1.1 rom again, wiped cache agian.
11. At first startup the recovery system lets me access sd-card content and I can select the update file but as soon as it is done and attempts to update, fails with dm-verity problem immediately, and dm-verity verification failed persist after any reboot or wipe until I reflash.
12. After multiple attempts to reflash kitkat problem still persist and with the locked bootloader I am at a loss as to what to do next to rectify the problem.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hope I posted in the correct forum thread. Thanks agian in advance. -CM


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d1XHr1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment