Friday, September 23, 2016

Rooted my phone with Odin, seemed successful, Supersu won't open, Rootchecker fails

I have a Docomo Galaxy S5, SC-04F, G900D, running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.

After the recent update to 6.0.1, my phone runs hot, the battery drains fast, and it turns out this is because of some process called AtFwdService, which does some screencasting function I don't need. It's part of the Android system, though, so it can't just be uninstalled. I thought I'd root my phone and forcibly delete it. Soft disabling apps like Package Diabler Pro don't seem to sufficiently suppress it.

So, I used Odin, I downloaded the proper CF-auto root for my model (double and triple checking, because I know how important it is to have the right packages for the right models). The flash process from Odin went okay. I had to disable auto-reboot, so, following advice on this forum, after Odin reported success, I manually powered off and on, and booted into recovery manually. There I saw the red android and it reported successful rooting. Everything about the root process went according to how all online instructions indicated it should look.

When I first booted, I saw the Supersu icon in my application tray, but, when I click on it, it says: "All apps associated with this action have been turned off, blocked, or not installed". Hmm... I installed Root Checker, and it failed to verify that I'm rooted.

Root checker generated a report that I've attached below.

In any case, how do I make my efforts at rooting my device actually have the result of my device being rooted?

Thank you for any help.

Here is the report Root Checker gave me:

Code:

Overall Status: Root access is not properly installed on this device

Feedback Mode: Install Root
Issue: Not installed su binary and unable to access root user account

Stage 1 - Superuser App: Installed
Installed: SuperSU Pro by Chainfire - version 2.78
Installed: SuperSU by Chainfire - version 2.74

Stage 2 - Superuser Binary Files: Not Installed
Standard Location
Command: ls -l /system/bin/su
Result: /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
Analysis: File /system/bin/su does not exist.

Standard Location
Command: ls -l /system/xbin/su
Result: /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Analysis: File /system/xbin/su does not exist.

Alternative Location
Command: ls -l /sbin/su
Result: /sbin/su: Permission denied
Analysis: File system permissions restricted and denied access.

Alternative Location
Command: ls -l /system/sbin/su
Result: /system/sbin/su: No such file or directory
Analysis: File /system/sbin/su does not exist.

Alternative Location
Command: ls -l /system/xbin/sudo
Result: /system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory
Analysis: File /system/xbin/sudo does not exist.

Alternative System Environment Location
Command: ls -l /su/bin/su
Result: /su/bin/su: No such file or directory
Analysis: File /su/bin/su does not exist.

Alternative System Environment Location
Command: ls -l /vendor/bin/su
Result: /vendor/bin/su: No such file or directory
Analysis: File /vendor/bin/su does not exist.

Alternative System Environment Location
Command: ls -l /su/xbin/su
Result: /su/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Analysis: File /su/xbin/su does not exist.

Stage 3 - Root User Account: Error
Error: java.io.IOException: Error running exec(). Command: [su] Working Directory: null Environment: null

Optional - ADB Shell User
Status: Non-Root Shell User
Setting stored in /default.prop and configured as: ro.secure=1

Additional - Google SafetyNet Status
SafetyNet Status: True
Google evaluates hardware and software against Android specifications

Additional - System Environment PATH
System Environment PATH: /su/bin /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /su/xbin /system/xbin



from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cy1eA2
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment