Friday, April 1, 2016

AOKParadox: This is Gonna Happen

Hi all,

A while back I asked what you guys would like to see from a ROM and that never took off however I did take available suggestions to heart.

Let's start with a bit of background. In 2012, I was introduced to the whole concept of Android development. I rooted the device I had at the time, installed CM, and for a while everything was great. What I didn't like and still don't like about CM is that it is somewhat lackluster when it comes to features and what I didn't like about other ROMs at the time was that they had far too many. Eventually I gave AOKP a shot and its been a favorite of mine for a long while.

Jump to the present. I can do a lot more in terms of development, I can do things now that I had only dreamed of doing a few years back. I saw AOSParadox and the idea of a fully optimised AOSP ROM really appeals to me.

Meet AOKParadox: sheer optimisation and freedom without insane decisions, and the lack of features.

Here's the features I plan to use so far:

1. Compilation with the Uber toolchain
2. CAF applications and optimisations
3. Integrated flashtool (maybe flash fire)
4. A custom kernel (again, need to ask consent... There's one I have in mind)
5. An Adblocker (thinking AdAway)
6. Aegis (courtesy of Mokee)
7. Xposed (I won't support those using it however)
8. ViperAtmos
9. Integrated SuperSU
10. A custom HAL

I plan to integrate most of these into the sertings menu. Note that a few of these features may not make it into the final product and I may implement other features... I have to ask permission of course. I can't just steal work from other developers

Any suggestions are incredibly helpful and if a developer would like, I would consider putting your work here too.

I'm going to start work bow and hopefully seed an alpha to those I trust in the coming weeks.

Suggest away,

RJ


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SGKYde
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment