Friday, July 29, 2016

Teclast X80 Pro (E3E6) Dual OS (Win10/Android 5.0): Remove Windows

Hey guys. Sorry to bother you in the X98 section, but since there's no section for the X80 yet and maybe the devices have some similarities, I hope it's ok.

The tablet worked fine, but to remove any possible bloatware under Windows or Android, I reset Windows. Somehow the device must have crashed (low battery?) and now I can't boot to Windows anymore (black screen and / or boot loop). Of course I made no backup / recovery disk. Android still works fine and I still get into BIOS / UEFI.

I tried reinstalling Windows via OTG with USB stick. I got to the point where I can choose a partition. Problem is, there are lots of partitions (Android, recovery, System and so on). I located the Windows partition, formatted / deleted it and tried to reinstall Windows on this partition. Just the exact way I would do it on a PC. Somehow it won't install on this partition. The error message says something about "the partitions are not in the recommended order. Further information for installation on GPT-volumes..." (I don't know the exact English phrasing because everything is in German). I chose "continue anyway". Then I get the message that "the EFI-system is not formatted in NTFS. Format the partition to FAT32 and start install procedure again". I press ok and get back to Windows Setup (Install now).
I also tried different repair and recovery options. One time I got error code 0xC0000034. Funny thing is, Windows still seems to be there because while trying to repair / recover I tried to load some drivers and could see the hard drives and folders under Windows.

I tried downloading the original roms here: http://ift.tt/2ag6wOb
You need a Baidu account for the larger files and after days and days I gave up to create such an account as it seems to work only with a mainland China number. There's an option for oversea mobiles but that's not working. I tried a QQ-account, but Baidu wants to link with it and you need that telephone number again. So apparently there's no way to get the original files that way.

I found some stuff here: http://ift.tt/2ag6Dt4 but that's only a tutorial file in Chinese and some flash programms / drivers (also got them from Baidu - smaller files are possible to download without an account).

Long story short: I guess recovering Windows 10 is too much effort, so I want to make the tablet Android only and of course want to use the whole capacity for Android. I found a thread on reddit about removing Windows on the X98: http://ift.tt/2ag6MNh
But I have no idea which partitions are definitely needed for Android and which ones I can safely delete. I found a partition map here: http://ift.tt/2ag74Ud but that doesn't help me that much because they look different.

Attached you will find a photo of all the partitions on my device. I guess there are some which were created during the failed Windows installation because I had about 20 GB free space and now only 17.7 GB.

So is there anybody out there who knows if it's possible to remove Windows completely and which partitions I have to delete?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: X80 Pro.jpg Views: N/A Size: 193.4 KB ID: 3827721  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aDncCG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment