Sunday, July 31, 2016

OPO Not Charging and Battery Stuck at 50% After Water Damage

Just a few hours before I had proclaimed how great my One is and how I have not had any problems with it, I entered a swimming pool with my OPO in my pocket. I immediately went and bought some rice. I wasn't able to open the back completely because I didn't have the tools to remove the SIM tray.

After a few days, I tried booting it and it showed a message that the battery was too low (pic) and then it would keep rebooting itself.

I thought that the battery was messed up, so I replaced it. Now it turns out that everything works perfectly fine (screen, speakers, camera), but the new battery (and maybe even the old one) does not seem to be charging. What's even more weird is that it will only show me that it is charged 50%.

The phone seems to recognize that it is connected to a power outlet. When turned off, I can click the Power-button once and see that it is "charging" and at 50%. When turned on, it does not appear anywhere that it is charging. No notification light, nothing on the status bar, and "50% - Not charging" in Settings>Battery (when plugged in) and "50% - approx. 12 hours" (when not plugged in). Also, in Settings>Battery>Battery optimization it says that "battery optimization not available" for Google Play Services.

I have obviously plugged the battery connector back in when I replaced the battery, but I don't know if I need to replace the Micro USB Port or not. It seems like it is recognizing when it is plugged in, but it's simply not charging.

What do you think I should do? Thank you!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aD9ZsG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment