Sunday, September 25, 2016

nobo

as i've posted on another forum here:

Quote:

i know that it's a bit silly to create an entire thread for one guy's problem, but i am stuck and probably going to give up hope when it comes to rooting my s5 neo (again, g903f), which is running android 5.1.1.

several days worth of research have yielded nothing. i can connect to my device using mtp, and i have usb 2 and 3 ports. lsusb and adb are working for me; i have set udev rules and "adb devices" returns my phone's serial number and its status. usb debugging is enabled as is the oem unlock (though whenever i try to disable developer tools and put them on again, the gui messes itself up and it won't let me turn them off, even if i refuse to put in my device's password). that's the only success i've had.

fastboot isn't working; "fastboot devices" shows nothing and it hangs at "< waiting for device>" with other commands, such as "fastboot oem unlock". adb won't work in download mode, either - though this is expected. rebooting into download mode via adb doesn't fix my problem, nor does using "sudo" or the root account.

odin3 won't work either despite the window opening with wine; the device never shows up in download mode. heimdall also doesn't seem to detect my device - although it might just be down to my ignorance.

the usual root tools, such as srsroot and kingo don't seem to do any good, though neither worked under wine, which helps to diagnose the problem. i have no access to windows, even through vmware.

i feel like everything i do only brings me one step closer to a brick wall, which i'm hitting all the time. it's like i've been chosen to experience this. if any of you guys can help me to get this phone rooted, i'd probably scream out of sheer ecstasy. and no, "try getting a girlfriend" who has windows isn't an answer.

[insert wojak here]
new things: i know that usb support in wine is nonexistent, thus i need to know how to get wine to see my device if i need to use odin (with kies for the drivers). adb works only intermittently; it sometimes doesn't see my device. i'm not sure if i can use mac osx in a vm, either.

can i get samsung drivers for linux at all? or am i hopelessly screwed? all i wanna do is root, get twrp, get xposed and then work from there.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cSEE4R
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment