Thursday, September 1, 2016

[Help] Contact Storage auto merging contacts with same name. Major inconvenience :(

Hi,
A lot of contacts in my Google account don't have unique names. I have lots of such names which actually point to two or more people and my address book has been like that. In fact, in one case I know 5 people with exact same name. I generally enhance each entry with their photos or small notes to differentiate.

Now the contact storage that comes with Le 2 merges all such people under a single entry. There is no option to 'unlink' them. I have tried installing other contacts apps and all seem to show me a single entry and that leads me to conclude that the contacts storage app is the one to blame.

Any suggestions? May be rooting and replacing the contacts storage with some other app will help?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ci5TUU
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment