Saturday, September 24, 2016

LG G2 D801 shows up as LGD500BK in LG Mobile Support Tool!

This is a bit crazy. I dropped my LG G2 TMO D801BK and bought a replacement. Now, when I connect to LG Mobile Support tool the old phone shows as an LGD801BK but the newer one shows up as a LGD500BK.

The new phone came stock with 4.2.2 and then a series of upgrades from TMO appeared. It gets as far as D80130a and when D80130b shows up it fails in the update, reboots, and Google Play Services keep halting and almost all the other apps don't work.

My old LG G2 is now sitting at D80130c and works fine except for the cracked screen.

Is there anyway to just copy everything off the old phone onto the new one ROM and all or fix the newer phone to identify properly? I've noticed that the new phone IMEI in the rom is different from the one inside the case... any thoughts?

Really appreciate any assistance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dgb5N8
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment