Thursday, September 1, 2016

[SOS] - Calling All Devs - G920T - Stuck on 6.0.1 without an unlocked bootloader

Hello guardians of the Android Phones. I ran into a major issue while updating from 5.1.1 custom ROM to 6.0.1 that I found on this thread : http://ift.tt/1SdVV3K

Steps I took:

1) Upgraded TWRP to 3.0.2.0 (3.0.2.1 doesn't work properly on my device. it flashes the TWRP 3 logo and then goes black) ... So I ended up re-installing TWRP 2.8.7.2 and then flashed TWRP 3.0.2.0
2) Copied the ROMS of choice to the SDCARD
3) Using Odin 3.10.7 I flashed using Twisted Sixx Custom ROM (which didn't work correctly due to the bootloader not being Marshmallow 6.0.1 compatible) from my understanding of what i've read through these threads.
4) Flashed the AP using G920TUVU3EPD1_G920TTMB3EPD1_G920TUVU3EPD1_HOME.tar .md5

Now i'm 100% locked out from downgrading Stock or Custom ROMS. TWRP can no longer be installed.

Having a feeling I used a Bear Trap ROM.

What do I do? Feeling like throwing this out the window. *sigh*.

Thanks ahead of time... anything to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2c5K39G
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment