Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Help - Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Bootloop Out of Nowhere

So...

Last week, my wife's Tab S went into a bootloop. She runs complete stock, we haven't rooted, or anything. There had been a notification about an update, but she hadn't touched it. She'd updated to Lollipop at some point last year, but hadn't applied the absolute latest update. One day last week, she just turned it on, and it started bootlooping.

Because it was so stock, there were no backups, no nandroids, or anything like that. No Custom Recovery. I told her "well, we can just do a factory reset. You'll lose everything, but once we get you back up and running, it'll just re-download everything from the Goog." So we factory reset it. Looked good for a minute, booted into the first screen, enter in your Wi-Fi password, all that. As soon as we got the Wi-Fi password entered, however, it re-booted. And keep rebooting. Bootloop city. No problem. I walked her through (over the phone) using Odin to flash the latest Lollipop firmware. No dice. It appeared to flash successfully, but still bootlooped.

Over the weekend, I tried using Kies to flash the most official firmware I could find. Everything was successful -computer recognized the device, was able to download "direct from the source," as it were, but it got stuck at 69% twice before failing. I read somewhere that one had to run Kies in administrator mode to get it to successfully complete. So I did, and it got past 69%, successfully completing the flash. STILL NO LUCK. STILL WITH THE BOOTLOOPS.

Last night, I realized that I hadn't flashed in Odin using Administrator Mode. Tried it, using latest 5.0.2 (XAR-Cellular South). Flashed successfully, all appeared well. Still bootlooped.

So, I'm stuck. I can get into recovery, I can get into Download Mode, I can successfully flash. I just can't get the darn thing booted.

Thoughts, anyone? Should I try flashing a Custom ROM? How hard is that using Odin? Thanks in advance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/290KGk7
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment