Sunday, June 26, 2016

Nook HD+ connects to router but no Internet

I'm running the Ovation 11.0 build which has been working fine for over a year. Recently after recharging after the battery ran out of juice, it refuses to get a web page on any of three browsers using my home network. I've taken the Nook to other places , airports, restaurants, etc. and had no problem connecting and accessing the Internet but at home, no joy.
The router is a Linksys WRT 54G running Tomato firmware.
I've tried setting a static IP within my range of LAN addresses and get the same result.
I've tried forgetting the home connection but it does not disappear.
I see it authenticating and tells me it is saved but trying to get a web page the browsers tell me it is not connected and I need to enable Wi Fi - which is already on and supposedly connected.
Looking at devices on the Tomato config page, the MAC address of the Nook does not show.
This happened suddenly after more than a year of working flawlessly. There were no changes made in settings and no apps were added or updated.
I have been trying to resolve this for a few weeks, and have read numerous threads on similar problems but most were slightly different circumstances and all were different devices. Several suggestions did not work, re-booting the tablet, re-booting the router/modem, set a static address, etc.
I haven't got a clue what to try next. Anyone have an idea?
Thanks for reading.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/28XnuV8
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment