Thursday, June 9, 2016

Spigen Ultra Crytal Clear PET Screen Protector

After having seen all of the issues with the glass screen protectors for this phone, I decided that I needed to try something else in the meantime. While I have a Sakai glass one that I ordered from ebay that is due roughly a month from now, I'm not very hopeful for it working. As a result of all of this and the need for a screen protector ASAP, I went with the Spigen screen protectors that I have seen mentioned on here. Having used PET films in the past, I was expecting a huge hassle. Bubbles, cheap feeling etc. Turns out, these worked REALLY damn well, to my complete surprise.

Installation:
Installation was quite easy, much easier than the older thin film screen protectors that I remember. You simply clean the surface of the phone, following the instructions. Place the tabs on the screen protector to help you position it. Then carefully position it properly keeping an eye on the edges and the sensors. It adheres to the screen very much like a glass screen protector does. There are a few small bubbles here and there, but they squeegee right out. I ended up with two permanent bubbles (one by the light sensor and one near the edge). Neither were the fault of the screen protector, both were caused by me rushing and nicking the surface of the screen protector when squeegee-ing the bubbles out. I think I could easily get it on there next time with zero bubbles. Way less hassle than any other attempt I have had with a film screen protector. One complaint I have is that they only included one alcohol wipe (everything else is in multiples), I don't know if I just got unlucky or they aren't thinking. Anyways, I have access to many solvents at work. No big deal for me.

Result:
How does it feel? A bit more plasticy than the usual glass screen protector but otherwise surprisingly nice. It adheres to the curves perfectly with no major bubbles, clarity-wise it is crystal clear. I honestly can't tell it is there. It adheres nicely to the curves of the display without any gaps (other than my nicks at the edge). My Otterbox Commuter case fits right over the top of it with ZERO problems. I was expecting these to be a stop-gap measure until the better glass ones come out but honestly I don't see anything wrong with these as is and would be just fine using these alone. I am not sure about longevity as I just installed it but so far I am actually surprisingly happy with it, especially for the cost. If you are on the fence between glass and plastic. Go with these plastic screen protectors for now and let the manufacturers work out the difficulties of the glass ones. Then you can decide later if you really want the glass one for you phone.

Link:
http://ift.tt/1Ai8jrQ


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1PLrZQW
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment