Thursday, April 28, 2016

Black screen issue after crash, recovery not working

While fiddling around in some game, the device goes out due to empty battery (without warning beforehand).
Battery should have lasted several more hours, but the battery status is at 0% so I have to wait a few
minutes before being able to restart. On restart, device boots up normally. (weird: my background got replaced by
stock image). After entering PIN, a few dozen error messages appear (something stopped working), after
clicking 'ok' on the last message, screen goes black (not out).
Next restart, same same, thoug now after maybe a dozend error messages (which I am clicking happily away)
somewhere I spot the message "Android updating"..... black screen.

Boot to recovery:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
48.82(*) (sha-e004609, 2014-12-19 14:35:02)
CPU: bla
eMMC: more bla
DRAM: blabla
Battery OK
Device is UNLOCKED. Status Code: 3

(BTW: What is status code 3?)

Selecting any option (except 'Barcode', which works nicely) the Moto G boots up 'normally'. No recovery screen, nothing.
Straight to "Warning, Bootloader unlocked", same same, .... black screen.

I tried exposing front camera to bright light because some people seem to have problems with
automated brightness control. That's not it.

The history of that device:

Stock rom
-> some things I don't remember, prob some KitKat 4.4.4 custom roms
-> OTA update (yay, soft brick \o/ )
-> stock 5.0.2 according to tutorial of same hero from around here
(of which for the most part, ofc, I don't know what the hell I am doing by typing all that)

Now i tried flashing new Marshmellow 6.0 roms according to instructions by heroes

http://ift.tt/1N2aafB
http://ift.tt/1N2aavP

which cmd and the console in phone bootloader acknowledge one by one, no errors.
Upon reboot, same same, .... black screen.

Then I tried to get rid of that (stock?) bootloader by installing TWRP

mfastboot.exe flash recovery twrp-3.0.2.1-titan.img

but the next time I enter recovery, I'm back to that stock bootloader.

It seems the device is writing all instructions into the Nether.

Things I don't want to read:

- hard bricked
- Motorolla doesn't care about unlocked phones
- you're f*cked

Everything else will be greatly appreciated :) Any ideas what to try next?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1NW6uXm
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment