Thursday, April 28, 2016

[Kindle Fire HD 7] 3rd Gen (2013) SOHO - Fastboot Cable burned electronic element! :(

Hey guys and girls,

I need some help. I friend of mine bring me a dead Kindle Fire HD 7" 3rd Gen (2013) alais SOHO.
This one:

It does nothing, stays black. He was not the rooting guys, he was standard user.
Amazon say just that they can give him a 15% discount for a new device. After 17 month the tablet was dead!

We try to:
-hold specific buttons to get into bootloader or recovery with no success
-load it for a few hours / over night and so on..
-disamble the back-cover to disconnect the accu for some hours

Sadly nothing of that give us success. :(

So I told him to leave the tablet in my home, perhaps I can try something.
I flash some Amazon FireTV (box1 & sticks) with an emmc-adapter so I was hoping to find some emmc pinout's but found just some for the TALE model not for the SOHO.

So I read something about that Fastboot Cable and I create my own one.
After soldering I test it with my multimeter and it was fine, like this shematic here:

When I connect it a 6-legs electronic element burned and smoked :D
What went wrong!?

I hope to find that 6-legs electronic element to solder it and to bring this tablet run again. Can you help me to find out wich is the name of that 6-legs electronic element?
Here are some pictures:

And here the mainboard in 2 pictures + emmc chip:


I hope we can fix this together...

Greetings by I_did_it_just_tmrrow


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1NW6qXK
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment