Friday, July 29, 2016

Bootloop after installing TWRP

Hello everyone! New member here.

I'm aware there's another thread regarding this topic but I haven't received a response yet so I'm creating another thread for awareness purposes.

I was flashing TWRP from pure stock but missed a certain step (provided below). When TWRP loaded, it seemed like it couldn't detect any of the partitions on my S7 Edge, so I restarted it to system and ended up in bootloop.

Here is the step from the TWRP guide:
Step: 8. Hold [Volume Up] + [Home] buttons near the end of the flash, and keep holding them until you are in recovery
Guide: http://ift.tt/1Po3SAL

After thinking about it, I'm sure step 8 brings you straight to recovery instead of booting into system then restarting manually into TWRP. So now I'm wondering this, what caused TWRP to not detect any of the partitions? In detail, TWRP showed all the partition sizes as "0 MB" when I went to a certain page (forgot what exactly lol). But I will follow the instructions step-by-step and get back to you guys. :P


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2a66dID
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment