Friday, July 1, 2016

Can G900P use a GSM SIM card for data?

I want to use a FreedomPop SIM card (T-Mobile network, I think) in my G900P for cell service, but I can't seem to get it to work.

With the phone stock, it displays the message "Invalid SIM" after inserting the SIM card. Switching to GSM doesn't seem to help. Also in the stock state, the phone displays "UNBLOCK" under the *#0011# info, and never asks for an MSL code (which I have).

I rooted the phone and put Cyanogenmod 13 on it, but still can't get GSM service. Cyanogenmod doesn't warn that the sim is "invalid," but even after setting to GSM mode (using *#*#4636#*#*), the network just won't connect.

(I also manually set the APN with everything I've tried.)

Is this phone even capable of using its SIM slot for GSM?

Thanks


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29hlDtI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment