Friday, July 1, 2016

Any way to reliably prevent booting when power cycles on usb?

I have an XT1031. I am running clockworkmod recovery v6.0.4.7 and Boost ROM android version 4.4.4.

I am using the phone as a backup phone that lives in my car. I want to keep it charged so that it has a full charge when I need it. So I have it plugged into a USB charger that plugs into the 12V socket on the car (it is not plugged into the USB of the car). I keep the phone powered off. Sometimes it boots itself and then, of course, it stays on and runs the battery down when the car is powered off. I think a power transition is triggering the boot, but it doesn't happen all the time. Usually I don't notice it, but I caught it once while it was happening and it was right after I turned the car off (so right after the power was lost on the usb connection).

Why is the phone booting and is there any way I can prevent it?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29hlYwz
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment