Tuesday, June 28, 2016

I9505 bootlooping & not booting

Galaxy S4 I9505

Phone was second hand to me at the start of this year, though had been well looked after, always in a case etc

I flashed it with the newest stock ROM in January this year
I9505XXUHOJ2_I9505BTUHOJ1_I9505XXUHOJ2
& rooted with CF AutoRoot

It has worked fine until about 2 weeks ago, when it randomly shut down. After restarting, it kept bootlooping.
Left it off & charging overnight, & the next morning it booted ok. Managed to use spotify for a few hours.
Then it started bootlooping again, sometimes getting all the way but then crashing after a few minutes.

Managed to boot into recovery & do a 'wipe cache', that didnt fix it.
'Wipe data' didnt fix it


Have flashed the PIT file & ROM (via odin), no errors in odin, done it twice now
wiped cache & data

still wont boot past the white splash screen, only sometimes boots into recovery
(also, only the menu button lights up, not the back button.)

I've checked the power button (clicks & dosnt stick)
Dont think the batteries the issue (charges fine, dosnt get warm, isnt bulging)


What else could stop it booting?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29lpPFd
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment