Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Really Bad Battery Life, S7 Edge Exynos Single

No Bluetooth, No Location - Yes WiFi, LTE 100% signal coverage, no downtime, overall low brightness around 25-40% I can't seem to get past a day of regular use with 2 hours and half average screen time. Using latest OTA.

I've turned off the always-on screen, several bloatware that came preinstalled, including Facebook and Whatsapp.

The first on the battery usage is always Android System followed by Cell Standby then Android OS (again???) and then Screen. Also the voice call seems to use some great amount of battery. Naming might be different since my Android is in another language.

Have turned on energy saving for most apps that runs on background. Doesn't help much since I don't have many apps that runs on background. Imagine if I did! My day ends with about 20~27% battery left, I just turned off fast charging to see if it helps anything. My Xperia Z3 with Whatsapp and a great deal of apps installed would end the day with over 50~65% with Stamina Mode. I know the screen is smaller but so is the battery.

So I thought it would get better with time but it didn't, it's the S7 Edge Exynos Single SIM, unbranded with the official Samsung rom so I could get the latest updates or I would be stuck with no updates at all since Frebuary, since my carrier usually only releases major OTAs such Android N and skips all the minor updates.

Yes I did a factory reset already hoping for the better, maybe I got a defective Galaxy S7? I'd hate to have my phone fixed and the battery changed, it wont be the same again unless they give me a new one which is unlikely.

Why is Android System and Android OS draining so much battery? Are there any tools to debug this and trace which processes are using CPU time? Or could this be due a faulty battery?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/290KGk5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment