Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Verizon XT912 writing 'mbm' FAILED (remote: )

Hello All.

Apologies if I am missing something obvious, but I am experiencing an issue with my US VZW XT912. Over a year ago, the phone bricked itself seemingly out of nowhere, only booting up into the "Encryption Failed" state. I went ahead and put it into AP fastboot and grabbed a copy of Matt's droid razr utility. I installed the motorola drivers and fired up the utility, then tried to flash the factory JB image to it WITH data wipe (option 1 on the utility). The process started, but right after "sending 'mbm' (512 KB)... OKAY [ 0.092s]" I got the message in the title of this post: "writing 'mbm'... FAILED (remote: )".

No matter how many different USB cables I tried, or how many different USB ports I used on several different computers and Operating Systems, I always got the same result; "writing 'mbm'... FAILED (remote: )".

I've gone as far as using ADB by hand and going through the flash instructions from an XML file step by step, but that fails in the same spot as well. RSDlite also failed.

My suspicions here are either A) The partition table is messed up somehow (which I unfortunately do not know how to fix) or B) The flash memory is actually just bad on the phone, which would obviously suck.

Now, most of my troubleshooting took place a year or so ago, so I've included a screenshot of Matt's utility that I just ran this morning. imgur<dot>com / QHsJbtO (sorry about the link; new user)

Any input is most appreciated.

Regards,
Steve P


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/291q9Is
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment