Sunday, May 29, 2016

Network Log on Marshmallow Custom ROM on Mi 4C

Hi everyone,

so I finally got my Mi 4C :) I already managed to unlock the bootloader and flash TWRP.

Since I want to run my device without Google Services, I'd like to make sure none of my apps "phone home" without my permission.
To see where my apps connect on my old device (HTC Desire Z) I use the app "Network Log" (available on F-Droid here).

However I can't seem to get it to work properly on the Mi 4C, no matter which ROM I try.

So far I've tried
  • OmniRom by TeamSuperluminal
  • CM 13.1 by TeamSuperluminal
(those don't let me log anything, missing Kernel features... probably built without CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_LOG=y and CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_NFLOG=y as explained here)
  • the Nexusfied CM13 (here)
  • Mokee Open Source ROM.
On the latter it works for some time and then just stops logging or doesn't log every app (filters in the app are disabled). So just very weird and inconsistent behaviour.

Any ideas on how to get a proper full network log/monitoring on Android 6 on the Mi 4C?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks! :angel:


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1OVZk5W
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment