Friday, June 10, 2016

Android TV Box [General Question]

Hello, I am planning to buy an Android TV box soon, but I want to wait for the Amlogic S912 to come out, I plan to use it for 4k and think more graphical power can't hurt. I figure it will come with Android tv 6.0. Now here is where it gets tricky, I have read that sideloading was removed in Android 6.0.

If this is true, I haven't seen a whole lot of coverage on that, it's big news to me.

I'm wondering, if there is another way of doing the equivalent of sideloading on Android 6.0 and what are the pitfalls I should avoid when purchasing one of these boxes? I really want to be able to install stock android tv, I don't want the prepackaged software that comes with these cheap china boxes (my price range).

Is there a rule to follow for ensuring maximum compatibility with most of the android tv apps out of the box. I don't know if there's some cpu features that aren't included with certain chips, and if that's why the app compatibility issue happens. That'd just be my guess, but I don't know why there are app compatibility issues. This issue more than anything would really help in solving my dilemma.

If you are experienced in this I would really appreciate the advice. Search terms to look up would be very helpful.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1syCvk9
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment