Friday, June 10, 2016

MSM8994DownloadTool, getting "Marshall London Bootloader Interface"

I've installed fastboot, and it can communicate fine with the phone, but I can't seem to get the MSM8994DownloadTool tool to do anything, I run it as admin and click the Start button... and some text changes on all the rows and nothing, no progress bar nothing for hours.

I was first trying to do this via a VMware VM (on Mac) but read somewhere that, that doesn't work, so now I'm using the installed Windows 10 bootcamp, but doesn't seem to help.

I've also disabled the Driver signature enforcement feature on Windows 10.
I installed the Oneplus 2 driver that comes on the phone when it's running Android.

As you can see I have no Ports section, only the MarshallLondon Device, which is what disappears when I unplug the phone while in fastboot mode.


I'm using the "full Oxygen OS 150805 restoration package" linked here http://ift.tt/1LdztaR

I've seen a youtube video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARya...outu.be&t=4m5s and he has the device in the Ports sub item in the Device Manager, where as I seem to get this "Marshall London Bootloader Interface", which when you try and update with the driver provided in the opt2 zip says it is already up to date.

PS, the whole reason I'm using this downloadtool is because the phone's recovery doesn't work and it's OEM locked.

Anyone have any ideas where I'm going wrong?
Any suggestions would be very welcome :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1syDnoU
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment