Monday, June 27, 2016

N910t "Unable to charge" message

Ok, I have been dealing with this issue and trouble shooting every which way but loose. I am getting this message every time I try to charge my phone. "Unable to charge your device, make sure you are using a samsung-compatable battery and charger, and that your device is properly connected to the charger." The device is almost 2 years old so it is out of warranty, I called samsung and sent it in at my own expense and they marked it "BER" (Beyond Economical repair) because I had rooted it, I didn't install my own rom I just simply tripped Knox so samsung refused to work on it. Very disappointing. I have now set out to fix it on my own.

OEM Battery: Check
OEM Charger: Check
Properly Plugged in: Check

I have tried multiple different fixes, factory reset didn't work, so I flashed Cyanogen 12.1, Rapture, and Dr. Keton ROMs to see if it was a software issue, NOPE. (P.S. Rapture is my favorite)

So I ordered a wireless charger so see if it was the charger port, NOPE.

Then I ordered a external battery charger and 2 other batteries so I could at least play around with it. SO I have determined it is not the Charger port, Software, or Bad Battery.

2 weeks Prior to this problem occurring the bluetooth flat out quit working. So I am now considering getting a new motherboard but this requires a lot of work I would rather not do if there are any other suggestion at this point I would love to hear them before I pull the trigger and buy a 150$ motherboard, If it honestly comes to that I might just sell the phone for parts, I bought an s7, but I loved my note 4. I would prefer to go back to it cause I like the battery life on the note 4 but LOVE the camera on the s7. Any way, Any Ideals would be fantastic, thanks.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/298PpOB
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment