Sunday, May 1, 2016

Can't root One M8 Marshmallow?

I want to use the Root call blocker app which requires root access.
I'm on Three UK & network unlocked
HTCdev instructions for root emphasise that 'OEM unlock' should be ticked in developer options before proceeding further. This option is not shown in my developer options screen & when I look at the bootloader screen the top item shows **LOCKED**
I guess this is why OEM unlock isn't shown.
I'm a complete novice & my only reason to root (so far....) is to use that particular call blocker. I have called HTC & they don't seem to know what i'm talking about...they think i'm asking how to get into developer options screen!
Perhaps being a complete novice I'm missing something? Any help will be appreciated & explanations in simple terms also


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1r8itfp
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment