Sunday, May 1, 2016

When to flash new boot.img?

so.. simple question but I'm not sure of the answer..
I unlocked my boot loader and flashed my HTC with cyanogenmod and the relevant boot.img that came with it. now I've reinstalled back to android revolution and the sense os to be able to properly back up my contacts and photos without requiring HTC sync manager...however when I went back to android revolution Rom.. I didn't 're flash my boot.img..

when is it actually necessary to flash a new boot.img when changing roms?
also.. could anyone clarify for me... I'm currently s-on so boot.img can only be flashed through fastboot correct?
and if I was s-off.. when I install a custom rom it'll auto install the boot.img yes?

thanks
Owen


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SD97mv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment